Ever wondered what it’s like to work in the beer industry? Well here is your chance to find out, because Kalispell Brewing Company is hiring!
KBC is the first independently owned craft brewery located in downtown Kalispell, where we serve award-winning beers to our loyal, friendly customers. At KBC, we strive to: make people happy with beer; cultivate an appreciation of beer, support and celebrate the place where we live and play; and we never compromise on taste or ingredients.
We are looking for competent, hard working individuals who are passionate about great customer service, our community, and of course, beer!
Interested in joining the team?
Assistant Tasting Room Manager Job Position Description
Wage: $15/hr, plus tips during serving shifts, plus benefits
Full-Time: 36-40 hours per week
Reports to: General Manager
Supervises: Tasting room serving staff
Schedule: 5 days a week, 2:00-10:00pm – with a flexible 2 hours of administrative time, and evening Manager-on-Duty night shifts to serve customers, observe staff, close tills, and make sure things are running smoothly.
Summary: The Assistant Tasting Room Manager serves as the assistant to the General Manager, and the primary Manager on Duty at night during working shifts. Responsible for overseeing the tasting room, supervising tasting room staff, and reconciling the cash drawer nightly during working shifts. This position will also assist the General Manager in tasting room operations, among other responsibilities below.
Job Position Description:
- Act as Manager on Duty and supervise tasting room servers during assigned shifts. Works as head bartender on Assistant Manager shifts, including overseeing closing duties by staff.
- Maintain safe, secure, and healthy facility environment by establishing, following, and enforcing sanitation standards and procedures; complying with health and legal regulations; maintaining security systems.
- Maintain patron satisfaction by monitoring, evaluating beer service offerings; initiating improvements; building relationships with patrons.
- Ensure that all guests feel welcome and are given responsive, friendly and courteous service at all times.
- Assist General Manager with routine tasks including maintaining inventory in the tasting room for merchandise, ordering merchandise, cleaning and other supplies, and other tasks delegated by the General Manager as needed.
- Provide advice and suggestions to the General Manager about tap room processes, offerings, to help keep things running smoothly.
- Comply with and enforce all federal, state county and municipal regulations that pertain to alcohol server and tap room laws.
- Control cash and receipts by adhering to cash handling and reconciliation procedures.
- Fill-in and pitch-in where needed to ensure efficient operations and guest service standards are met, as a reaction to an observation or discussion, or as directed by the General Manager.
- Provide brewery tours as-needed or as scheduled during established shifts, and potentially special shifts for scheduled tours that need to be covered, as directed by the General Manager.
- Maintain a welcoming, educational, exciting and inviting tasting room experience for customers and our staff.
- Manage tasting room customer satisfaction and overall brewery visitor experience; initiating improvements and building relationships.
- Cover shifts that are unable to be covered by other staff.
- Perform tasting room serving duties including serving customers Kalispell Brewing Company’s craft beers in the tasting room, up to the state law maximum of 48 ounces per customer per day. Be able to answer questions and make recommendations regarding our beer selection.
- Be knowledgeable about Kalispell Brewing Company’s beer and brewing process to share with customers. Also, be able to discuss the elements of craft beer to patrons.
- Be willing to be trained on the art and science of craft brewing and craft beers.
- 2-5 years bar/restaurant, brewery/winery, retail management experience required
- Skills and experience in strategic planning, verbal communication, customer service focus, management proficiency, managing profitability and quality.
- Excellent customer service, interpersonal and proven leadership skills
- Knowledgeable and passionate about craft beer and the brewing industry.
- Advanced knowledge and experience with restaurant POS systems, and iPad preferred.
- Possess a valid State of Montana approved server training certification (Let’s Control It,) and/or be willing to successfully complete training provided by Kalispell Brewing Company.
- Cicerone Certified Beer Server Certification or above strongly desired.
- Must be able to work some weekends, evenings and events. Flexible schedule is a must.
- Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 8 hours) and climb up and down steps.
- Be able to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to 30 pounds, occasionally up to 50 pounds.