Ever wondered what it’s like to work in the beer industry? Well here is your chance to find out, because Kalispell Brewing Company is hiring a new General Manager!
KBC is the first independently owned craft brewery located in downtown Kalispell, where we serve award-winning beers to our loyal, friendly customers. At KBC, we strive to: make people happy with beer; cultivate an appreciation of beer, support and celebrate the place where we live and play; and we never compromise on taste or ingredients.
We are looking for competent, a hard working individual who is passionate about great customer service, our community, and of course, beer!
Interested in joining the team? Check out the details to see if you are the right person for the job!
General Manager Job Position Description
Job Title: General Manager
Job Location: Kalispell, Montana
Reports to: Owners
Status: Full time, exempt
Summary: Kalispell Brewing Company, a young and growing 10-barrel brewery and tasting room located in historic downtown Kalispell, is seeking a General Manager to oversee our company’s day to day operations, with a focus on the tasting room and human resources. Opened in 2014 Kalispell Brewing Company is the city’s first independent craft brewery, specializing in decoction brewed German style lagers and northwest inspired ales.
The General Manager will have a strong focus on business and operations management for our busy and esteemed brewery and tasting room. This is a hands-on role, requiring a constant eye on customer service, employee relations, quality in all areas of the business, financial and strategic planning, and all the facets, big or small, of running a small craft brewery.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Ensure Kalispell Brewing Company’s goals of: making people happy with beer, cultivating an appreciation for beer, supporting and celebrating the place where we live and play, and never compromising on taste, quality or ingredients are realized and enacted through efficiency, positivity, and teamwork throughout all areas of operation.
- Work with owners to implement vision and goals for the entire business, including production and tasting room. Manage and collaborate with managers to ensure goals and tasks are being met.
- Maintain effective and open lines of communication and organization to effectively execute human resources, including recruiting, hiring, training, and development new employees. This position is responsible for human resource administrative duties, including staff communication, payroll, and record management.
- Plan and implement all taproom events, and work with our Director of Marketing to plan these events.
- Commitment to delivering exceptional customer service and relationship building within the community of people that gather in our tasting room. This includes organizations and groups that come to KBC for donations, support, events, or a place to gather.
- Desire to successfully and sustainably grow and lead a small staff of a passionate family- run brewery.
- Coordinate and direct with management staff on production and tasting room operations.
- Manage daily business operations, like making sure beers are pouring, everything in the tasting room is working properly including appliances and point of sales systems, and staff are meeting daily goals and tasks. Daily administrative tasks like managing accounts payable and receivable, business communications, and business to business relationships.
- Work a weekly schedule of 10:00am-6:00pm however, with the expectation that non- traditional hours can occur in the service industry. This can include weekends, nights, and holidays. The general manager will need to have flexible availability, and occasional travel is required.
- A background in the service industry is required. The ideal candidate should have a thorough understanding and appreciation for customer service in a busy, face-paced environment.
- Knowledge of the craft beer industry is desired, while a willingness to continually learn is required.
- Minimum 5+ years of management experience, with industry experience in brewery operations, hospitality/restaurant, or service related required.
- A proven background of success in management, finance, planning, development and human resources.
- Craft brewing experience preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree, or relevant work experience.
- A strong sense of organization and interpersonal communication skills necessary to effectively execute human resources and staff management required of this position.
- Background in human resources, business operations, and management.
- Emphasis on creativity, and strong interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Proven analytic and intelligent decision maker and problem solver.
- Strong leadership, strategic management, and people skills.
- Passion for craft beer.
Salary: $49,000 or commensurate with experience. Benefit package includes paid holidays and paid time off. Plus, beer!
To apply: email resume and cover letter to: email@example.com. Please no phone calls.